Selecting the tablecloth, napkins and placemats are such a fun part of creating the perfect tablescape! I’m sharing my tips and product recommendations below on how to curate these aspects of your table.
- I almost always go for a patterned tablecloth rather than a solid because its a fun way to add color and dimension to the situation.
- Personally, I love to start with the tablecloth and build from there. I match the centerpiece to the tablecloth colors in addition to the napkins dinnerware and glassware!
- One thoughtful detail I like to add when I’m going ALL out is matching the invitations back to the tablecloth. It’s easier than it sounds — all you have to do is screenshot the picture from the website that you bought the table cloth from and upload it to the background of the invitations!
- You can mix and match prints for the tablecloth and linens but it can sometimes end up looking too busy so I usually air towards napkins that are a solid color or the same print as the tablecloth.
- You can place the napkin folder in a rectangle to the left of the plate or you can put a napkin ring on it and place on top of the plate. I love the dimension and detail that napkin rings add to the place setting!
- A placemat isn’t necessary but if you do want to use them you can either go for a cloth one or one made from a material like wicker, enamel, etc!