My schedule is so hectic these days with work and travel that it can be a bit overwhelming. So when I come home, I like to relax and recharge as much as possible! There are a few holy grail items in my daily routine while at home that make such a difference in my mental and physical health so I wanted to share with y’all!
- Diffuser: Essential oils are known for reducing anxiety, stress and tension so diffusing them in the home is a great way to promote relaxation. This one is almost looks like a ceramic vase, so it looks pretty in the home rather than like big piece of plastic.
- Lavender scented candle: Lavender is a scent that instantly puts me at ease. If I’m not using lavender essential oil in my diffuser, I love to burn a lavender scented candle. This one is amazing because it has a mild lavender scent thats mixed in with other sweet, soft notes.
- Weighted blanket: Here’s the science behind weighted blankets. The pressure of weighted blankets puts your autonomic nervous system into “rest” mode, reducing some of the symptoms of anxiety, such as a quickened heart rate or breathing. I think they work so well and this one is cute too!
- Relaxing noise Spotify station: Sound is such a powerful sensory tool and I love listening to nature sounds and white/brown noise when trying to relax or fall asleep.
- Calming/sleep tea blends: Non-caffeinated tea blends that have chamomile or lavender are amazing because they have calming properties. Sipping hot liquid also makes me feel so cozy and ready to relax.